Comic Relief 1.0 is officially out

I have put the finishing touches on Comic Relief, my metrically equivalent replacement  for the barftastically popular Comic Sans MS. It takes up the exact same space as Comic Sans, but the letters have consistent height, consistent slant, and consistent stroke width. It looks like the handwriting of that girl who was the teacher’s pet back in 5th grade instead of the handwriting of your arthritic grandfather.


The next time one of your family members tries to print up something that they designed using Comic Sans, relieve them of their responsibilities, and appease their desire for unprofessional typography by switching the font over to Comic Relief. While it is a better choice for your lost cat poster, it is still inappropriate for a gravestone.

Head over to the Comic Relief page for downloads.

For all who want to install SIMetrix on Linux Mint

I know there must be tons of people clamoring for help on this, but don’t worry, I can help both of you out. There is a new page up in the how-to’s section for getting the intro version of the excellent SPICE simulation software, SIMetrix, running on the linux distro that has recently surpassed Ubuntu in popularity, Linux Mint.

You can check it out here.

Using custom fonts with WordPress

I had a tough time figuring out how to use custom fonts with WordPress, so I figured I would provide some (hopefully clear) instructions on how to do it. It started to get really long, so I put everything together over on a static page and created a new How To’s section of the site. You can check it out here.

As an example of what you can do with this, I will demonstrate the fonts that I used to create my header image.

Deftone Stylus  is the main font, and has a cool, retro, 500 pound lead-lined refrigerator feel to it. The only problem is the uppercase “L“. it’s pretty ugly. I found a font called Brody with a great “L“, but the slant was all wrong. Lucky for me, when italicised, the slant lines up perfectly with the regular Deftone Stylus.


A little magic to squish them together, and my header was born.